This workshop will see children complete a guided hands-on investigation, expanding their knowledge of processed materials. Kids will mix various chemicals to produce a number of amazing polymer worms! Most suited for children aged 5-12 years.
Workshops will be split into 45 minute sessions running at 9:00am, 10:00am, 11:00am and 12:00pm. You can choose which session you would like to attend when you register above. All sessions for this workshop will be held in the Amphitheatre. You can view a map for Roma Street Parkland HERE
Registration is required to attend. Please note if you are running more than 20 minutes late for your session your spot may be reallocated.
Please note that to ensure public safety, several COVID-Safe measures will be in place during Kids Collective. These measures are per the Queensland Government’s COVID-Safe Events Framework and Checklist and also include a required registration process, safeguarding the ability to contact trace if required and manage crowd numbers.
In addition, a number of proactive methods have been implemented to ensure patron well-being across the Kids Collective program, including:
- On- ground hygiene stations, with regular use encouraged
- Imposed social distancing of 4 square metres per person
- Thorough cleaning of all equipment, pre and post use
- Daily touch-point cleaning of all toilet blocks and parent’s rooms, plus intensifying night-cleaning of all toilets
When visiting the Parkland, please make sure you observe the guidelines set out by Queensland Health and do not attend the Parkland if any of the below are applicable:
- You or your child are displaying COVID-19 symptoms- these include a cough, fever, sore throat, fatigue or shortness of breath, and feeling unwell
- You or your child tested positive for COVID-19 or are awaiting results
- You or your child have travelled overseas to a declared COVID-19 hotspot in the previous 14 days
Per Queensland Government guidelines, Roma Street Parkland staff retain the right to refuse patrons from the event if they are displaying COVID-like symptoms. If you or your child begin to feel unwell at Kids Collective please speak to on-ground event staff/ inform staff and leave immediately.